Thursday, November 1, 2007

October

And this post is dedicated to Nana's nagging - she was fully supporting Toki's call this morning....

Again, it was a quiet month. We haven't done much this school year - the cold that wiped us out in September was still hanging around in early October. Gretchen cut her first tooth (lower left) at the end of the month. She seems to be trying to cut a top tooth as well as the other bottom front tooth at the same time. Ouch!

It seems like every morning before school we have a poopy diaper from one of the kids. On this particular morning, I ran upstairs to change Gretchen, and when I came back down, Quin had finished my request to put on shoes and coat. I hadn't specified his shoes.

Quin helped me rake leaves in the back yard. It took a while to get the rake away from Quin, and he consoled himself by climbing the stump and reaching for the sky. He's very into reaching for the sky (and touching the ceiling when ever possible) right now!
Quin put on his own pants. He's still learning that when you lay the pants out, the tag goes on the bottom.
Gretchen is really moving around now. She can roll all over, and she's mastering the army crawl. She still isn't crawling in the traditional sense, but she sure is trying!
Quin has been very into "houses" (aka forts).

Quin has a great friend from school, Leila. Here the kids are practicing for Halloween. The costumes were Forrest's - thanks again, Forrest!
Nana and Papa are currently in town. Poor Papa has been roped into watching Blue's Clues ad nauseum (or so he thinks, he can't sing most of the songs).
Yes, I have purposefully left off pictures of Halloween. Leila's mom has a ton of photos, as does Nana and Papa. My camera was charging when most of the pictures were being taken, so I have to wait. And wait. Oh, and Nana and Papa left their cord on the boat, so we also have to wait for E to be home long enough to use his card reader.

Funny sayings I've heard during this visit:

Nana: "She's jumping! That little turkey!" (Gretchen was in the Jumparoo while Nana wanted to take pictures)

Quin and I were having a talk; one of those talks that occur after a little boy has a meltdown because he wasn't listening.
Me: Will you listen to Papa, and do what he says?
Quin: No, Nana do it.

4 comments:

Toki said...

Hurrah!!

First of all, I would like a copy of Quin's artwork. I think he's mega talented (obviously not inherited from his father).

Secondly, I like how he dresses. That part is DEFINITELY inherited from dear old dad.

Where are the Halloween pics?!! I'm still waiiiiiiting. Me want tiger!!

Toki said...

Okay.

Just watched the puddle movie.

Penguin walk.

Aaarrgghgghghghghgh. *dies*

Unknown said...

It's important that Jessica listen to Papa too!

Alyssa, Brian, Forrest, Angi, and Andrew said...

I want to see Halloween pix too! (Hey, I got ours up!)