Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's ours!!

Almost - the house deed will be recorded tomorrow! I have the car packed for our first trip over (around 10:30 in the morning), and am looking forward to letting the kids play in the house. We have a bit of a wait there tomorrow, as the local cable/internet/phone provider is sending out a tech to install an extra cable jack (or two or three... we can't remember what the cable jack situation is). I'm hoping to get in at least one more car load before we have to wait for the cable guy, but the timing will be close, and the kids may refuse to wait in the car while I unload the first, load the second, and unload the second. I guess I'd better go pack some more just in case I can squeeze in a second load!

I will try to remember my camera and take pictures and post said pictures within a reasonable amount of time. ("A reasonable amount of time" is at my discretion!)

For those of you who are looking at buying a house with another person: do NOT allow them to give you a power of attorney for closing!! Signing for a house is tedious enough. Signing "First MI Last by First MI Last, attorney in fact (AIF for most documents) AND THEN adding your signature is a royal pain. E is gallivanting off in the wilderness (legitimately for work), but somehow the timing of it all just sucked. For me.

And here's a link for parents and kids: Tinkering School.

3 comments:

Toki said...

Congrats! And Pics pics pics pics!

Q said...

The new house is great!

Hopefully we'll get some pictures up soon.

Anonymous said...

Boy Jessica! I enjoy seeing pics of your sweet family. I think little Gretchen especially looks like you in some of the pics when you were camping!