Monday, September 3, 2007

Quin-isms

2-year olds are funny, and sometimes what they say is hilarious! Here's a short list of the funniest and cutest:

1. "Kin likes Gung-kin." This was heard on July 2, 2007. I left his pronunciation on for amusement and prosperity (Kin = Quin, Gung-kin = Gretchen).

2. "Kin wants more Gung-kins." We both told him that no, he isn't getting any more sisters. Or brothers.

3. "Mama no hold nipples." Quin is rapidly learning body parts, but occasionally gets some mixed up; what he's trying to say is "Mama no hold ankles" when I change his diaper.

4. "Mama be a cow." At first I thought I should be offended, but then it occurred to me that at 2, he doesn't understand that asking someone to be a cow is potentially offensive. So instead I mooed. Then the animal requests came fast and furious. I can say that the poor farm animals are probably terrified by the number of bears in their vicinity. Oh, and for the record, we Googled the sound a giraffe makes, and discovered that they make a high-pitched bleating sound.

5. "Kin eat Kashi in a bowl, not from floor." E accidentally poured some Kashi cereal onto the floor during breakfast.

2 comments:

Toki said...

I definitely want you guys to make more Gungkins!!

Get to work!

Jessica said...

You have to produce one first before I'll even consider the idea!!